Do you enjoy loose watercolor? Art that has mystery, leaving something unexplained to the viewer, left to their own interpretation? Do you avoid drawing faces because it’s too hard? Do you want to find your own style? Then this course is for you! I’ll guide your learning from quick sketch through the final touches to create a unique, one of a kind Pink Lady of your own. No two ladies will look the same because your style, your paint application, your excitement will all come out to play. You’ll be thrilled at what you accomplish!
This course includes my Pink Lady Sketch Only course free (a $10 value) and 3 other lessons (about 70 minutes of video). With my professional background in learning management, I’ve edited so there’s no wasted time learning to create your own unique pink lady. I focus on immediate access to instruction and my process:
- Sketch: I demonstrate how to sketch a loose face in an easy to remember way. Quick steps to get you started and moving right into painting. This is the starting point for loose watercolor. Video: ~15 minutes
- Underlayers: I explain the value/transparency of each pigment, brushes, washes, softening hard lines, moving paint, lifting out paint, breaking up solid blocks of color with splatter technique. In this layer, we build up layers adding interest as support for our focal point (the pink lady). Video: ~16 minutes
- More Layers, Mistakes, Magic: I demonstrate how to analyze your painting before taking this next step of adding even more layers. I show the importance of holding and rolling the brush to stay loose, the wet in wet technique, unifying and softening areas. I show you how overworking is not the end of the world and how to push through. You’ll see magic moments occur that can never be done with intention, only intuitively. Video: ~21 minutes
- Salt Technique, White Paint, Detail Work: I demonstrate the salt technique to add texture, when to keep the magic or let it go, using white to restore lightness in areas overworked, and fine details in face and hair, where the contrast and hard lines go and why, splattering with gouache, exploring, testing, pushing your boundaries. I discuss final analysis, how to let go of precious, expect you will get a different pink lady each time you paint her as that’s the essence of loose watercolor style. Video ~17 minutes.
Who Is This Course For?
- paints “tight” and wants to explore “loose”, this course is for you!
- uses watercolor and wants to paint faces, this course is for you!
- embraces new challenges, this course is for you!
- has never drawn or painted a face and never used watercolor, this course is for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Facebook community for the course?
There is a private Facebook community used for all my courses. Feel free to post there and @ tag me if you need specific feedback. To get into the Facebook site, you need to have purchased at least one course which will give you the password.
Can I share my work on my own Facebook?
Absolutely! Feel free to share your work on your own pages, but do not share course materials as they are copyrighted.
Can I download videos?
This course has access to videos for 1 full year and includes the Facebook community. Downloads are not available at this time.
How do I leave private feedback for you?
Great question! I love getting constructive feedback about my teaching style and about the course. I learn from you…from your questions, your struggles and your successes, but I don’t know everything on your mind. A quick form at the end of class is sent to me confidentially. You can speak freely.
Can I leave a public testimonial?
Yes. Anytime! There is a portion of the feedback form for this.
Are refunds allowed?
Since the class is delivered to you all at once, refunds are not possible. If you have concerns, contact me before purchasing the class.
“Great content. After watching the videos all the way through…I came away thinking I can definitely do this! Nice!!!! ” –Carol
“Lynne’s teaching style is very non-intimidating. Her matter-of-fact style makes a student feel completely comfortable with learning and experimentation. She understands that art takes practice. I found Lynne to be genuinely interested in helping others grow and succeed, no matter their style or particular goals.” –Renée
Access to the Course
If you are a first time user, you’ll be asked, at checkout, to pick a username and password to have an “account” on my site. When purchase is complete, come back to my site and click My Courses. If you’re logged out, log in first. You should see your course. If you have more problems, contact me. I try to respond within 24 hours, but be aware we may be in opposite time zones.
Come join me! I can’t wait to see what you create!